By Karen, Dr. Kopera-Frye
The first graduate textual content to deal with health and wellbeing literacy within the getting older population
Low health and wellbeing literacy is a serious factor between adults, with over one 3rd came across to have trouble knowing such easy details as that chanced on on prescription bottles. this can be the 1st graduate textbook to handle key wellbeing and fitness literacy concerns as they impact the wellbeing and fitness of the getting older inhabitants. Embracing a subject spanning various disciplines, it contains a dynamic, multicontextual platforms process and contains contributions from popular students and practitioners in gerontology, public well-being, social paintings, nursing, and different similar fields. The textual content emphasizes expanding healthiness literacy between older adults by using technological instruments and lines, the most up-tp-date examine, and evidence-based courses and practices.
The ebook offers expansive assurance of the intersection of expertise and well-being literacy, highlighting cutting edge techniques and discussing the right way to use expertise with resource-limited teams. The textual content offers targeted attention to rural, impoverished, culturally diversified, and lowliteracy elders and provides choicest intervention courses and versions. additionally coated are the coverage implications of courses concentrating on expanding future health literacy and destiny instructions for assembly the fit humans 2020 initiative. Case reviews, overview questions, studying goals, and supplemental PowerPoint displays will strengthen learning.
- Provides a specific, multidisciplinary survey of the main wellbeing and fitness literacy problems with older adults
- Focuses on expanding health and wellbeing literacy around the disciplines
- Addresses a concern zone of fit humans 2020
- Incorporates study and perform from gerontology, psychology, public health and wellbeing, social paintings, sociology, drugs, and nursing
- Includes case experiences, assessment questions, studying pursuits, and PowerPoint slides for helping instructors
Read or Download Health Literacy Among Older Adults PDF
Best gerontology books
Well known movies have regularly incorporated aged characters, yet till lately, previous age purely performed a helping position onscreen. Now, because the child Boomer inhabitants hits retirement, there was an explosion of flicks, together with clear of Her, The immediately tale, The Barbarian Invasions, and approximately Schmidt, the place getting older is a relevant topic.
ÌBeaulieuís many years of social paintings perform remove darkness from each bankruptcy, her years of networking with colleagues in Massachusetts and national increase each paragraph, and nuggets of perception earned via effectively developing significant relationships with citizens and households are mirrored in each be aware.
Elsie Martinez Trujillo Alcaraz, 'Naunny' to her grandson and verbal exchange pupil Nick Trujillo, used to be a operating type girl, daughter of latest Mexico Hispanos, and finally the resident of a la nursing domestic. She turns into the point of interest for Trujillo's experimental ethnography of relations kin, getting older, and ethnic id during the 20th century.
Yallop appears to be like at how humans in eighteenth-century England understood and handled getting older. notwithstanding no be aware for ‘aging’ existed at the present, a person’s age was once an important element in their identity.
- Frontiers in the Economics of Aging (National Bureau of Economic Research Project Report)
- The Aging Networks: A Guide to Programs and Services, 7th Edition
- Spezielle Versorgungsanforderungen bei älteren und alten Menschen: Handlungsempfehlungen für Leistungserbringer und Politik (German Edition)
- Aging Across the United States: Matching Needs to States’ Differing Opportunities and Services
- The Australian Dream: Housing Experiences of Older Australians
- Understanding Aging and Diversity: Theories and Concepts (Routledge Advances in Sociology)
Additional info for Health Literacy Among Older Adults
Health Literacy Among Older Adults by Karen, Dr. Kopera-Frye